[CQ-Contest] Borrowed callsigns

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Borrowed callsigns
From: headrick@radar.nrl.navy.mil (James Headrick)
Date: Wed Jun 5 19:41:06 2002
Well Kenneth, back when I was first licensed (Federal Radio Com., not FCC),
the callsign was firmly associated with the radio equipment and
location.  I guess by popular demand in the amateur service anyway, the
callsign  association transitioned to the operator.  Now, the callsign has
become a commodity that can be used by any qualified operator with the
owners permission.  This progression can be considered a form of
progress.   73   Jim  w3cp