[CQ-Contest] Field Day and please copy

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Field Day and please copy
From: n0ss@earthlink.net (Tom Hammond NØSS)
Date: Wed Jun 26 12:00:35 2002
>I talked with Georgia ARES/NTS personnel and the phrase "please copy" did
>not come from them.

For what little I'm sure it'll be worth... Even though my operation has
been 95% CW, I began operating in sectional phone nets in about 1959,
though it wasn't until probably 1965 or so that I began hearing "Please
copy" used by some operators. By the late '60s it was quite a bit more
prominent (at least in the Midwest). I believe it's still seen regularly on
a number of phone nets... usually local or sectional, rather than regional
or larger.

Granted, it's not good operating procedure, but it IS something many ops
have grown up with and will continue to do so until those who use it stop
doing so.

73,

Tom  N0SS