[CQ-Contest] SO2R antenna distance

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R antenna distance
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Sat Sep 14 18:16:04 2002
Depends on power level and how you supress the other signal (stubs,
bandpass filters or both. I have both). My 402CD is 9 ft from my high
TH7 and no problems barefoot, and can get within 10-15 Khz of the 2nd
harmonic on 20 (eg., 7005/14010). When on 20-10m, I have a TH7 at
40 ft (lower part of stack) and one at 25 ft on same tower. No problems
at all, except when on the second harmonic (eg., 14005/28010).

However...
You may want to rethink the vertical. I tried that, first, using a Hygain
DX77 multiband vertical. A dummy load would have been just as good! I
compared the vertical with a TH7 at 25 ft, and the TH7 was 5-6 S units
better than the vertical. One potential problem you may have - I
modeled the entire system, with different tribanders, before deciding
what to do (I didn't want to install a second tower). I recall that I
modeled C31XR's and the interactions between antennas were awful.
With TH7s they were minimal. That's why I went with TH7s. As you
already have a C4, you may want to consider another C4 at 30 ft for the
second radio, but model it first to check for interactions.
Barry W2UP