[CQ-Contest] New tactic for finding a run frequency?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New tactic for finding a run frequency?
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Mon Feb 24 08:35:04 2003
It all depends on the other stations expectations. I, too, prefer the
wider, 500 Hz, filter, as many stations call off frequency (most
commonly 100-200 Hz up, rarely down. Anyone know why that is?)  I had
one instance where I found a clear spot near a band edge on 40 or
80m, about 500 Hz above a 1-land station. He slides up and asks me to
move a bit. There's no room up, so I go down about 500 Hz from him.
He didn't like that either. While a band edge is nice, it wasn't
worth fighting about, so I went elsewhere.
Barry, W2UP