[CQ-Contest] Claimed vs. Checked

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Claimed vs. Checked
From: mark@concertart.com (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Mon Feb 24 08:03:43 2003
Dale asked:

>At what point in time will 'winning' via dink's 3830
>contest score reports have more weight (ie, be cause
>for celebration, sighs of relief/grief, etc) than the
>published final results in the magazines/online?

Hopefully claimed scores will never have more weight than checked scores,
but it's a loaded question.  If Dink's/Bruce's system somehow incorporated
score checking, that would be different.  If an online, sponsor-independent
system evolved to where people submitted not scores but logs, and
high-quality log-checking was applied to them, then perhaps this could kick
the sponsors in the butt to get the results out sooner, but, like Dink, I am
not saying this to start the result-turnaround debate again.

Mark, N5OT