[CQ-Contest] Contesting from the basement

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting from the basement
From: K4BEV@aol.com (K4BEV@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jul 23 18:01:12 2003
K1IR wrote:
> We are about to have the basement remodeled. The contest shack
> will be moved from the first floor to the basement. I am
> interested in how your basement contest shack is setup.

With a raised floor you can run the cables under the floor, leaving strategic
floor panels removable for maintenance, adding cables, etc. This is how many
commercial installations are set up and it is, obviously, very neat. Cables
coming in from above can be hidden behind a removable wall panel.
Someone mentioned having walk around access to the back of the equipment. I
fully concur.
Doing just that is the biggest single improvement I've ever made to my
shack.... And it's free.
73, Don - K4BEV