[CQ-Contest] Printing QSL Info on Cards

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Printing QSL Info on Cards
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed Aug 13 17:49:27 2003
At 08:46 AM 8/13/03 -0700, Gerry Treas  K8GT wrote:

>Obviously HP isn't any good for this, input and output trays
>are in front with only an inch or so separating.  HP does work
>on 8.5 x 11 inch card stock (67 lb. vellum or such) but the supply
>tray is quite shallow, so doesn't allow much stock.  Don't think
>you can put much of a pile on the rear loaders either, like Epson
>or Canon.  Guess a laser printer is the best bet.  Anyone know
>of a reasonably priced one?
>
>BV7 software (freeware) for printing labels.  Could print cards,
>if you had the right printer.

I have done both (individual cards, and more often 8 1/2 x 11 sheets) in
print runs of >3000 QSLs, using an HP 840C.  You have to feed the printer
quite often, but it's pretty willing to wait for you to notice that it has
run out.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated August 4.
123 stations were added or updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm