Re: [CQ-Contest] Log has entries that weren't actually worked - howdoI f

To: "CQ-Contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log has entries that weren't actually worked - howdoI fix Cabrillo?
From: "Richard J. Norton" <ae327@lafn.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:55:11 -0700
Simply delete the lines in the Cabrillo file with a word processor. The correct
numbers will be preserved.

I assume that the Cabrillo files do not have claimed point value shown because
too many people and their logging programs do not put the correct point values
in the logs. The sponsors attempt to score all logs using the same, and
hopefully correct, point values.

I check logs for a large radio contest (not the one mentioned). Our
log-checking software is not currently programmed to count contacts listed with
P5XXX as non-counting packing material. I sadly admit defeat in our attempts to
anticipate all the creative ways people will think up to solve problems.

Keep in mind that your log is likely to never be looked at by a human being.
Computers are used to read and score most of today's contests. We have close to
7 million QSOs in our contest's submitted logs. It's beyond our abilities to
manually look at every line. If you put something in your log that a computer
will not understand, you are asking for trouble.

Put nothing in your log but information about two-way QSOs. If you are not sure
of another station's callsign, tell him and do not log a QSO.

If you put

WB1XYZDUPE
WB1XYZNOTSURE
WB1XYZISDEAF
WB1XYZLID
WB1XYZZEROPOINTS
WB1XYZGOTMYCALLWRONG

or anything else in your log in our contest, you are very likely to lose
credit.

73,

Dick Norton, N6AA