Re: [CQ-Contest] CW trainers

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW trainers
From: Fabian Kurz <lists@telegraphy.de>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 17:12:38 +0000
On Sunday 23 May 2004 01:42, Dennis Ashworth wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with this product, or know of other CW contest
> simulators available which are XP "certified"?

There is a (freeware) program called VDMSound (http://ntvdm.cjb.net/), which
emulates a SoundBlaster compatible device on your WinXP/Win2k-System, so you
can run PED. It's freeware and works pretty well, at least for low CW speeds
(below 60 WpM or so).

Speaking about PED, I'd like to remind you that the BCC-PED "Offline contest"
is still running, website and highscorelist can eb found at
http://www.bavarian-contest-club.de/contest/ped/ped_eng.html .

73,
 Fabian Dj1YFK

--