Re: [CQ-Contest] Limited Antenna Height Category

To: rdetweil@hotmail.com, rustyhill@earthlink.net,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Limited Antenna Height Category
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:47:16 EST
Rusty,

We all choose our lot in life.  I chose a covenant restricted  neighborhood
because we were offered a house here at a much reduced price  because the
contractor so thoroughly screwed up our first house, which we  were building in
an
unrestricted neighborhood.

I don't want to drag politics into this, but there is sometimes a mindset
that everything must be somehow equalized in order to make everyone feel good
about themselves.  I believe that there is very little equality in  anything,
but therein lies the opportunity for skill, determination and  innovation.

I am operating a two radio setup in my restricted neighborhood with  wires at
30' height and so thin that most neighbors don't even know they're  there,
but I consider my station to be extremely competitive in the low  power
category.  To say I'm operating from a hole is really true, my  neighborhood is
called
Deer Hollow!  Nonetheless, I've tweaked everything  for maximum efficiency,
and it is one rockin' little station.  I've built  enough agility into my
station that I've called and worked a lot of new mults  before the other guy
has
his beam turned on him.

I don't need or want to be compared with someone simply because of a  similar
physical infrastruicture.  I've chosen my battleground and my  weapons, its
up to me take on the Goliaths and sometimes win.  Even  when I lose, I have
more satisfaction in knowing I fought the good  fight than any box score could
give me.  In the mean time, I will  sharpen my weapons and eagerly await the
next battle.

Paul, K5AF

Paul  Schaffenberger
210-493-6265