Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL v. contesters

To: W7TMT <w7tmt@dayshaw.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL v. contesters
From: Steve Hanlon <asciibaron@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:40:09 -0500
W7TMT wrote:

It seems to me that if some folks spent as much time
MENTORING entry level Hams as they do BELITTLING them on
this reflector there might be enough HF Contest operators
around to get the (apparently) ever so precious line scores
back in QST.

actually, the SOTB types could care less about being mentored. the ones who want it seek it (like me) and those that don't walk aimlessly around hamfests with 3 HT's and a blinking helmet. it doesn't take long in the hobby to see where the good action is... DX and contesting. contesting is he best of both - high rates and distant places...

you can't make them drink the kool-aid...

-steve