[CQ-Contest] 40 meter busted/nil calls

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 40 meter busted/nil calls
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:17:54 EDT
In a message dated 5/17/05 2:03:10 AM Greenwich Standard Time, K3BU@aol.com
writes:
Just to add a little more fueal into the fire:-)

Those are the -N in CQ WW SSB on 40m by K3BU

35 -N OM7M(3204)
107 -N ED3SSB(1184)
163 -N CE3BFZ(1730)
198 -N RK0AXX(2616)
233 -N T94FC(395)
253 -N SZ1A(2779)
255 -N SA5W(615)
262 -N SN1D(2067)

Why am I not in their logs?  They are all no slouch stations judging by their
high numbers, I know I worked them (or someone signing their calls) 8 weird
QSOs times four = 32 QSOs penalized me for no errors of mine. What lesson do
learn? 3 QSO penalty is forcing me to learn, but what?

I know I fought hard to work them on 40m split. They said my call, we
exchanged reports. No guessing. Life goes on :-)

Ah, the joys of 40 SSB.  I do this band more on SSB than anyone else I know.
It is easy to not be in the log of stations that you KNOW for sure you
worked.  Anyone who operates that band on SSB knows lots of reasons why.  Split
is
an evil vile creature, but it can be controlled with some tricks of the trade.

Bill K4XS  (11 out of 900+ QSOs busted/NIL.....single band 40)