[CQ-Contest] Yaesu FTDX9000D review

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Yaesu FTDX9000D review
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:29:28 -0700
     The QST product review of the new Yaesu FTDX9000D transceiver arrived
in my mailbox Saturday and is also online for ARRL members:
http://www.arrl.org/members-only/prodrev/pdf/pr0508.pdf

     I'm curious if anyone has actually used this new radio to do "SO2R
from a single box" as Yaesu claims is possible.  I'm curious, not because I
have the money for such a radio, but because (a) the also-more-expensive-
than-some-new-automobiles Icom IC-7800 transceiver does not tout this
feature, and (b) the last time a radio manufacturer publicized "SO2R from
a single box," it turned out to be not quite accurate...  I also find it
interesting that even though this single feature accounts for 11 of the
37 words in the "Bottom Line" summary of the rig in the QST review (and
how cool is it that a contester-specific feature is so highly recognized in
product reviews,) it was a feature that none of the four reviewers actually
tried to use.

    Anyone tried it yet?

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R