Re: [CQ-Contest] Important Issues

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Important Issues
From: "Bob Naumann - W5OV" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:45:25 -0500
W6WRT said:
> Do you *really* want millions of contesters on the air at the same
time?

Of course not.  However, if we got even a fraction of a percent of
them, we would be way better off.

>SNIP<

> I could go on, but you get the idea.

Yes I do get the idea.

Bill - please don't take this the wrong way, but continuing to list
reasons why we can't or shouldn't, is not going to get us to the
solution.

We need some creative thinking.  I am very serious when I say that I am
afraid that ham radio is going to die off as we get older unless we do
something about it.  It's happening now.  We need to fix it.

Come on!  There's a huge amount of brain power in the contesting
community - let's come up with some new ideas!

73,

Bob Naumann - W5OV