Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Contest Live audio

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Contest Live audio
From: Dave Pascoe <davekm3t@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:36:03 -0400
On 10/25/05, David Robbins K1TTT <k1ttt@arrl.net> wrote:
> Lets see, if you are listening to the streaming while you work him and copy
> your exchange over the internet because he has his monitor function on does
> that count or not?  I wonder how many stations will call just to listen to
> themselves?

There is enough of an audio delay (5-10 seconds) that this will become
painful for those who attempt it.  And if it becomes problematic at
any time I will just terminate the broadcast.

And I should remind everyone:
"The use by an entrant of any non-amateur means such as telephones,
telegrams, internet, or the use of packet to SOLICIT contacts during
the contest is unsportsmanlike and the entry is subject to
disqualification. Action and decisions of the CQ WW Contest Committee
are official and final."

So, first of all, the broadcast itself does not violate this rule.
The broadcast is being used to showcase some neat technology and let
folks without radios tune in to a contest operation.  I am not
broadcasting my transmit frequency at any time.  People still need to
find me on the air to work me.

Second of all, if anyone is using non-amateur means to work me, then
they violate the rule above and the spirit of the contest.  Who would
actually do this anyway?  Certainly nobody who is serious about
competing in the contest.

73,
Dave