Re: [CQ-Contest] Monitoring Big Guns during contest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Monitoring Big Guns during contest
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 14:46:00 -0000
Thanks for the comments... you must not have listened to some of the ugly
runs in the 20m and 15m qrm during the day.  But yes, we do cq a lot.. even
when running 100/hr you end up having to cq regularly... often qso's come in
lumps, 3 or 4 or more deep in one minute then a minute or two of nothing
playing cq.  It is also true that you work more multipliers cqing than s&p,
some of those 'rare' countries also rarely call cq, they s&p and call us
much of the time.  The hardest part can be sitting there for hours calling
cq on 10m when the band sounds completely dead on the other vfo... the fun
part is when an it9 calls you out of the dead band for a double multiplier
Sunday morning, and then kc1xx comes by to tell you there is an it9 just up
the band and you can tell him that he called you already.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net