Re: [CQ-Contest] WW SSB - the corruptive influence of packet

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WW SSB - the corruptive influence of packet
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 07:31:27 -0800
On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 12:00:48AM -0800, Michael Tope wrote:

> [...]

If a station isn't identifying, it's almost always to your advantage as a
caller to simply call them and ask for their callsign when you get through.
If you don't get through, you're no worse off than if you were just sitting
there.  If you get through and it's a dupe, you've saved yourself some time
and can move on.  If you get through and it's a good QSO, you've saved
yourself some time and you've got another QSO in the log.  It's pretty
much always in your interest to call rather than wait.

Yes - the DX station could be upset if you're a dupe and behave poorly as a
result.  But, they are already behaving poorly to begin with, aren't they?

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com