Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R -- revised opinion?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R -- revised opinion?
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 22:46:30 -0000
From: "Bob Naumann - W5OV" <w5ov@w5ov.com>

> ... But how much technology assistance
> is really appropriate in a single operator unassisted category?

There is no "single-operator unassisted" category.  What we have is
"single-operator" and "single-operator assisted".  The difference
between these two is that, in the assisted category, the operator
receives real-time assistance (I like to call it external assistance)
from other operators.

For either category, the technologies involved are irrelevant -
subject to them not being used to replace RF.  For SO, assistance
from any technology or operating skill, including 2R, is legitimate,
so long as there is no question of external assistance.

73,
Paul EI5DI