Re: [CQ-Contest] Wires only?

To: "Blake M." <n4gi@tampabay.rr.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Wires only?
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:51:15 -0600
I wonder how many people would expect to be able to take their 1996 Impala
to Daytona and beat Jeff Gordon?

Or show up at Augusta and win The Masters?

Or face off against Kobe and win?

Or take their used-sports-store skis to Austria and beat Hermann Maier?

It's curious that folk would place such high expectations on themselves at
contesting the first time out. Perhaps we need to do a better job of showing
folk what it's all about?

Remember the guy who posted on here that he made 101 QSOs in WW and was
surprised to find he didn't Top 10? When unrealistic expectations collide
with reality, discouragement often results.

73, kelly
ve4xt