[CQ-Contest] AVRIL CD PARTY - CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] AVRIL CD PARTY - CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT
From: "James Cain" <cainjim@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:47:52 -0500
This was an interesting post into which the anonymous poster put considerable
creative effort. I think I got all the inside arrl jokes.

I especially liked the tie-in to the arrl "Hello" campaign, which reminds me of:

"Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?
Come on, now,
I hear you're feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again.
Relax.
I'll need some information first.
Just the basic facts.
Can you show me where it hurts?

"There is no pain you are receding" ...

(Pink Floyd, The Wall, Comfortably Numb, lyrics by Roger Waters and David
Gilmour)

Just to set the record straight, the arrl April CD Party was never "open."
After the incredibly successful 1976 Bicentennial Celebration (which was held
in July, replacing the July CD Party), beginning in 1977 the July CD Party was
"open" to all arrl members.

I know. I wrote the rules for both.

Jim Cain, K1TN