Re: [CQ-Contest] Used Rig Query for New Contestor

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Used Rig Query for New Contestor
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:32:18 +0200
Understand, well I was surprised in my findings.
I did get the same result on two radios.
However being an engineer I have to belive what
my own measurements tells me.

What might be interesting is to know what PIN
diodes you did use, also it would have been
interesting with measurements before and after
the PIN diode change.
Different PIN diodes will give different result
on different frequencies.
This will show up when you measure with and without
the INRAD 4 kHz roofing filter, what I mean is
the filter will work differently with different
PIN diodes, atleast this is what I did find out
and I´m not sure I can explain it.
My understanding is that it has to do with the diodes
"carrier life time" however I´m no expert in this and
I´m trying to study up on it.

I suppose this will get too technical for the contest-list
so I better drop it maybe.

73 Jim SM2EKM