Re: [CQ-Contest] Radio as Carry-On Luggage?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Radio as Carry-On Luggage?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 07:47:47 -0500 (CDT)
I haven't taken any ham equipment on a plane since 9/11 but I've taken my
laptop.  They usually swab it and find nothing.

I was a bit concerned the first time because I don't know exactly what
their machines test for and I've used the laptop for work on the sites of
old abandoned coal mines. Who knows what materials are lying around in
the waste piles there and being blown around by the wind? Anyway, I guess
nothing they consider dangerous ended up on the laptop.  :)

73, zack W9SZ