Re: [CQ-Contest] Radio as Carry-On Luggage

To: N6KI Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki_73@sbcglobal.net>,cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Radio as Carry-On Luggage
From: Hank Kohl K8DD <k8dd@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:11:18 +0000
Over the main PA system.
There I stood in the mens room, hearing my name come out over every
speaker "Hank Kohl please report to the TSA station".
You can imagine all the thoughts that went through my mind!
When I got there she said I need the combination for the lock.  I said
it's a TSA lock.  She said no it's not.  I said 844 - not a time to argue!
The lock had the TSA marking, the place I bought the Pelican case that
came with the "TSA lock" said it was a TSA lock that they can all open.
The end result when we got to KH6 was that Southwest had destroyed the
lock - it was bent at a 90 degree angle.
I'm back to cable ties and inside the Pelican case is a zip-loc with
cable ties of a different color - that method worked great on the FP
trip last November.
And I never want to hear my name on the main PA at an airport again!

73    Hank    K8DD