Re: [CQ-Contest] Radio as Carry-On Luggage

To: CQ-Contest Post <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Radio as Carry-On Luggage
From: Jim Idelson <k1ir@designet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 07:42:03 -0400
>At last night's NCCC meeting, one of our club's WRTC participants said he had
judiciously wrapped his Vibroplex key paddles securely in lots of bubble wrap
before packing in his suitcase, but when he arrived in PY, it was in pieces
with the letters "TSA" written on the outside ;-(
<

For my trip to Brasil, I packed a lot of gear in a small package, and packed
that in a large suitcase [checked baggage]. I wrote a note to TSA describing
the gear as "Amateur Radio equipment to be used in an international
competition." One of the items was a Bencher paddle in bubble wrap! When I got
to Brasil, the package was clearly inspected, but everything seemed to have
been treated nicely.

Jim Idelson K1IR
email    k1ir at designet.com
web    http://www.k1ir.com