Re: [CQ-Contest] Circles

To: cq-contest reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Circles
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 17:57:27 -0700
Hi, John.

Yeah, I was aware of that.  I just figured that the sponsors decided
discriminating against DXpeditions was not in the best interest of their
contests, and therefore added that exclusion to the radius limit.

Joe has indicated the roots go back to an altogether different
cause-and-effect, though, so it sounds like the rule is mostly
geographic in nature.  Arguments could probably go on for years
regarding which aspects of that need to be addressed, so I think I'll
bow out of that part of the discussion.

73,
Dave   AB7E