[CQ-Contest] RST as a sync [was: cut #]

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RST as a sync [was: cut #]
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 02:56:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>

We only have ourselves to blame for turning the RST into a synch pulse instead
of anything useful. I have been going over my old contest logs from the '60s
and '70s and find the RST reports were "honest" reports, not an endless column
of 599's.
----------------------------

W2AAA sends custom RS(T) reports when a contest requires RS(T).  It's actually
kind of fun.  Interestingly, very few ops seem to miss a beat by receiving an
unexpected report.  Kudos to them.

Ev, W2EV

<humor>
PS: Now that I'm thinking about it, I can imagine having a little more fun by
giving the big gun's reports like "229" as a sort of "Revenge of the Little
Pistol's", knowing that it breaks nothing, except for the monotony between S&P
operations for us. <g>
</humor>