Re: [CQ-Contest] Zero Beating

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Zero Beating
From: zl1aih@ihug.co.nz
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 00:46:52 +1200
Hi Mike,
you wrote:
>I noticed in the WPX CW test that a fair number of stations were way
off my
xmit frequency.  This is the first time I recall making a mental note
of
this occurring in a contest.  I had my skirts set at 300 and then 500.
Some
were off enough that I thought it was adjacent QRM till I tuned to
them and
found they were calling me.

I understand the benefits of not being zero beat to differentiate
yourself
from the pack.  Is this a case of poor operating, forgetting about
your rit
or all of the above?

Anyone else notice this? >

Yes, some were so far off that they were QRMing an adjacent QSO.
It wan't to differentiate - usually it was just one station calling.
Guess it was an RIT problem.
73,
Ken ZL1AIH (@ZM1A in WPX)