Re: [CQ-Contest] QST vs. NCJ

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QST vs. NCJ
From: Charles Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:40:51 -0400

On 6/18/2007 steve.root@culligan4water.com wrote:

> I've heard the argument that the ARRL feels there is important
> information that they have to get out to the members, and they have
> to do that through QST. Therefore getting NCJ instead of QST isn't an option.
> The irony of course is that contesters are expected to get the
> information of interest to them (line scores, etc.) over the
> Internet but apparently we can't figure out how to get any other
> news ( "It Seems To Us", Happenings) the same way.
> The economic argument is probably the most valid, but as a
> contester/DXer I still feel somewhat slighted.
> 73 Steve K0SR

Gee - the NRA manages to get their news out while offering their members 3 or 4
choices of monthly magazine.  The Important editorial and news columns appear
in all 3 magazines

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

"It is in vain, Sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace!
-- but there is no peace.
 The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the North will bring
to our ears the clash of resounding arms!
 Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle?
 What is it that Gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or
peace so sweet,
 as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
 Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for
me, give me liberty or give me death!"
-- Patrick Henry, March, 1775