Re: [CQ-Contest] Radio appliances [was: CTU Survey Results]

To: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@pclink.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Radio appliances [was: CTU Survey Results]
From: Steve Harrison <k0xp@dandy.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 19:54:01 +0000
At 12:17 PM 7/5/2007 -0500, Robert Chudek - K0RC wrote:
>I do realize you are referring to integrating OLD technology and new
>computers. I agree we are in a "transition period" where all the old
>stuff hasn't found its way to the landfill yet. And as frugal as hams
>are, that may take more than a few more decades.

By that time, my TS-680S and TS-130S will be nearly as old as I am, now
8-)))))))))  Will either still be around?? The 130, probly, since it's
mainly discrete schtuff and easy to maintain. The 680: I seriously doubt it
since it's comprised of high-density silicon parts that are already on the
verge of unobtainium.....  ;o(((((((((

>...I'm turning into my father and I can't stop it...

Yanno, my dad called me on my birthday the other night and after we'd been
talking awhile, he said "You sound like I did, at your age!"