Re: [CQ-Contest] Bermuda DX Contest?

To: Clint Talmadge <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Bermuda DX Contest?
From: Bob Nadolny <focdxer@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 21:30:38 -0400
This one was a great little contest in the 90's and 30 years prior.  I
won it TWICE, once under each set of different rules, before it was
disbanded.  The Radio Society of Bermuda decided that the declining
interest by US, VE, DL and UK stations (those were the main countries
that could win a trip) and the Dept of Tourism figuring out they were
paying for a trip for such a small group of possible marketable
visitors, they finally said no more free plane ride and hotel!

The Radio Society membership was also declining just as the rest of the
western world and they could not even get a member to adjudicate the
scores.  So there was no more draw for the contest, they just folded
tent on it.  I doubt it will ever come back.

Bob, WB2YQH

*
*