Re: [CQ-Contest] [TowerTalk] Skyhawk, KT36XA, opinions requested

To: "Leigh S. Jones, KR6X" <kr6x@kr6x.com>,"cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [TowerTalk] Skyhawk, KT36XA, opinions requested
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:09:37 -0500
At 19:13 10-10-07, Leigh S. Jones, KR6X wrote:
>This is interesting to hear about.  I rented N6PN's home in Reseda for
>several years where I used, on a few occasions, his KT34XA.  It had
>no such performance problem.  Believe me, I was looking for that
>problem because my friend W0UA reported similar problems with a
>KT34XA in Colorado.

Since Leigh brought up W0UA's name (call) I sent George a copy of the
note and I am including George's reply below.

The real question I have is -- Has anyone taken a KLM KT34XA with
the 15M problem and modified it with the M-squared upgrade kit and
had the antenna perform properly on 15M as well as keeping the
20/10 performance?

--John   W0UN

W0UA text below