Re: [CQ-Contest] Hy Gain Tailtwister

To: dsteele <dsteele@iowatelecom.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Hy Gain Tailtwister
From: Guy Molinari <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 03:43:12 +0000
Don,
    I'd be willing to bet that your rotor is just fine.   It sounds like a bad
"motor start" capacitor in your control unit.   These are non-polarized
electrolytics that are around 120-140 pf.   You can get one from Norm's rotor
service but he will charge you about 14 bucks or so.   You could probably find
one at your local electrical supply (or motor) shop.   These should be rated
for about 100 V.   You can take 2 polarized electrolytics of the same value and
put them back to back as a temporary solution.   Just make sure they can handle
full power.

Hope this helps.

73 - Guy, N7ZG