Re: [CQ-Contest] Noise Canceling Headsets

To: <BobK8IA@aol.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Noise Canceling Headsets
From: "Jim Neiger" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 07:44:14 -0700
Bob.

I once again used my BOSE QC-1 and QC-2 noise cancelling phones last weekend
@ the (very) radio-active KH7X multi/multi last weekend.

Initially, 10 meters was getting into my 15 meters receive audio, but a few
wraps of the headphones cord around a toroid, and RFI never heard again.

As to sound isolation from others in the shack, the BOSE were simply
outstanding.

As to comfort, although I  operated much less than the full contest, I have
worn my BOSE through  many 48 hour contests without problem.  They are
simply outstanding.  (I tried-on a few of the other operators' various
phones @ KH7X M/M, including HEIL, and concluded there was no way I'd be
able to wear them 48 straight).

Nice thing about BOSE, they offer a 30 days use and return policy.  Take a
pair home for the CW contest, and if you don't like 'em, return after the
contest?   By the way, I've also tried the newer BOSE QC-3 phones, but as
they rest on the ear, rather than around, I don't like them as much.

Hope this helps.

vy 73

Jim Neiger   N6TJ