Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut number advice

To: "Tom Hammond" <n0ss@embarqmail.com>,"Gerry Hull" <gerry.hull@gmail.com>, "John Geiger" <n5ten@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut number advice
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:44:37 -0000

> I DO wish that some of the loggers would allow only one leading zero
though.
> Many seem to force two leading zeros. And, after you get to '10' I turn it
> off completely.
>
> 73,
>
> Tom Hammond   N0SS

WriteLog (for one) allows you to specify the length (in 'n' digits) of the
serial number, and pads the number with the required number of leading
zeroes.

For example if you specify 'n'=3, then Writelog pads single digits (1-9)
with 2 leading zeroes, and two digit serials (10-99) with a single leading
zero.

If you wanted to pad only up to serial 10, then specify 'n'=2.

73, de Hans, K0HB