Re: [CQ-Contest] Announcing the "Sweepstakes Mackerel Award"

To: "'CQ-Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Announcing the "Sweepstakes Mackerel Award"
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 12:46:43 -0600
Hey folks, calm down! I probably instigated this.  I have been working hard
to get my station up and running after a double lightning strike took out
most of my stuff. I wanted to be sure that everything was working properly
so I worked a few QSOs to test everything out. I went up high in the 20M
band and worked about 5 stations.

I never imagined that someone might assume that I was going to try to count
the QSOs in the contest or that I was somehow cheating! Before jumping to
conclusions, you might want to check. I clearly gave my call sign so there
was no confusion about who I was. I have been contesting for nearly 50 years
and I know the rules. If I created some confusion in someone's mind, I
apologize. My SS log starts at 2100Z.

Bill W5VX