[CQ-Contest] Call Sign KT0R to be active once again in SS!

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Call Sign KT0R to be active once again in SS!
From: "Greg Fields" <gwfields@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 18:27:04 -0600
I think many on the list are aware we lost Dave, KT0R, a great contester and a
good friend on September 20 to cancer. The Minnesota Wireless Association is
still trying to imagine the contesting season without one of our star members.
I know Dave has probably worked everyone on this list and has conversed with
many of you. His enthusiasm and love of the hobby was magnetic as Dave trained
others to become contesters from his small but mighty city lot location. Al,
K0AD, the MWA club president said it best when he called Dave the heart and
soul of the MWA. Thirty two MWA members attended Dave's funeral and a memorial
fund was also established to help his family. I am so proud to be part of such
a fantastic club! You can read more about Dave in the upcoming January NCJ
where his story will be featured.

In honor of Dave a group of us in the MWA have formed a little club whose
purpose is two fold. First, we want to protect the call in hopes one day one of
his two young sons will become licensed and will want the call. Second, we want
the mighty KT0R to be heard in some of Dave's favorite contests. This weekend a
group of us will be operating from Dave's station at the invitation and
encouragement of his wonderful wife, Adrienne. I think she misses the chaos
heard in the basement shack during contest season so we will once again take
over basement and provide pizza and excitement for the family.

It won't be the same working KT0R without Dave sitting in the big chair but, we
will do our best to live up to his legacy!

CQ SS!

73,

Greg K0OB