Re: [CQ-Contest] To be assisted or not to be assisted: that is thequesti

To: Robert Naumann <w5ov@w5ov.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] To be assisted or not to be assisted: that is thequestion. (long)
From: Tom Haavisto <ve3cx@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:55:22 -0500
In looking at the rules for the CQWW, it seems to be very clear:

A.Single Operator Categories: Single band or all band; only one signal is allow
at any one time; the operator may change bands at any time.

Single Operator High: Those stations at which one person all of the operating,
logging, and spotting functions.  The use of DX alerting assistance of any kind
places the station in the Single Operator Assisted category.

In short – use a spotting network, you are ASSISTED.

If in doubt, read the rules.  Helps to avoid any unpleasant surprises!

Tom