Re: [CQ-Contest] Assistance & Entry Status

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Assistance & Entry Status
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 06:15:27 -0800 (PST)
Ummm, what's the point of a contest, if not to
compete?

A major part of the enjoyment is finding stuff on your
own...

The other players ARE rivals, and often friends.
There's a lot of fun in what you worked and missed
discussions after the contest (and before). That's how
folks improve their capabilities.

Helping others happens before and after for some
things and during a contest when it comes to
multipliers, if you're multi something or assisted.

To suggest otherwise is silly, this reflector exists
to help others, most of the folks here are happy to
share suggestions and technical aid.

But, in the heat of the battle, if you need
assistance, then enter that category. I prefer skill,
luck AND competition with my peers.

73,
Julius
n2wn