Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R-SO1R from The Yukon??

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R-SO1R from The Yukon??
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:16:30 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 00:22:32 -0500, "Joe Subich, W4TV"
<w4tv@subich.com> wrote:

> However, the second radio is
>no less important that the ANTENNA SYSTEM and even less important
>that the skill with which the operator uses both.

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

No antenna system can do what a second radio can do: Allow you to
listen while transmitting, and do it on any band you like. While you
are calling CQ on one band, you can search for mults on another band
and then quickly switch to that band, work them and then switch back
(if you like) without missing a beat. This is a powerful advantage and
I do not demean it in any way. I only suggest that people who prefer
to use a single, traditional radio be grouped and scored separately,
just as people who use an amplifier are grouped and scored separately.
And Joe, please stop with your nonsense about my "jihad" against
two-radio operation. I am all in favor of two-radio operation and I
always have been. I have never once said anything bad about it, never
called for outlawing it or discouraged it in any way.  I do not know
how to make this any clearer. Please get that idea out of your head
once and for all.  THANK YOU!!!

73, Bill W6WRT