Re: [CQ-Contest] SOxR -- enough already

To: Scott Robbins <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SOxR -- enough already
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:30:08 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:06:41 -0800 (PST), Scott Robbins
<w4pa@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Do we need MS1R MS2R MS3R MS4R categories?

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

No, we don't. Nobody is calling for all those categories.

Just as adding an amplifier gives a great advantage, adding a second
radio gives a great advantage. Contest sponsors recognized the
advantage of HP long ago and created a separate class. It is time for
them to recognize the advantage of a second radio and create a
separate class for that too.

A station with only one radio can not compete against one with two.
Other factors being equal, they will lose every time, just as an LP
station will lose to an HP station every time.  Some people will want
to add a second radio just as some people will want to add an
amplifier, but nobody should have to do either to be competitive. That
is why the various classes exist in the first place - to keep
competition as equal as reasonably possible and make it fair and fun
for all.

Neither I nor anybody is "against" two-radio operation. It should just
be scored separately.

It is as simple as that.

73, Bill W6WRT