[CQ-Contest] Contest Categories & SO1R vs. SO2R & Confession

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Categories & SO1R vs. SO2R & Confession
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:35:52 -0800
Here's a novel concept:  ABOLISH *all* existing categories (which are pretty
much a joke anyway), and sponsors can simply publish a TOP 100 (or TOP
1,000, Top 20,000 etc.) list regardless of hardware , location, power or
skillset levels.

As much as I detest cut numbers, I confess I temporarily joined the wolf
pack (as an experiment) during my limited QRV in the CQ WW CW.  I mostly
sent a ramped up ENNT3 as my exchange (just like the Big Gun cut numbers
folks do).  Ahhhhhhh. I had  requests to repeat my exchange in about seven
percent of the QSOs made ;-(

73.

Rick, K6VVA