Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs
From: "doug smith" <dougw9wi@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 01:09:42 -0600
We don't want to publish the raw logs because someone might find a
call similar to theirs in the log & use it to claim a QSL for a QSO
they didn't make.

We want to publish the raw logs because it might prove that someone is
using packet when they claim they aren't.

Does either of these situations happen enough to be worth worrying
about?  With operators within "spitting distance" of Honor Roll?  With
operators within "spitting distance" of the Top 10 box?

Who really cares if someone cheats their way from 44th place to 39th?
If they inflate their DXCC total from 137 to 140?

Are we debating an issue that really doesn't exist?

==
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66
http://www.w9wi.com