Re: [CQ-Contest] Open logs - one more voice

To: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Open logs - one more voice
From: "Matt IZ3EYZ" <iz3eyz@virgilio.it>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 01:53:43 +0100
> Hi Bob,
> That is exactly the case with almost all the  Russian contests including
> international contests and at least some of the EU contests. They only
> count
> QSO if the corresponding log is submitted.

Hi Igor!
Do you mean RDXC gives you zero credit if the other guy didn't send in the
log (not stated in the rules or am I missing anything?), besides the fact
that if someone busted your callsign or your serial number you get zero
credit?

> I do not support such an approach myself

Me neither. Both of them.
I can partly understand it when you 're S&Ping since you hear your callsign
(he doesn't repeat your serial number) being repeated but when you 're
running it's such a nonsense if someone busted your callsign or serial
number. Considering the increasing number of people working busted calls
after a cluster spot (and RDXC allows cluster for everyone) it shouldn't be
a matter of the operator running on a QRG!

Another case: EU SPRINT wants the callsign to be correct into both logs but
both guys have to repeat both callsigns. In fact you don't lose credit if
someone busted your serial as you 're not asked to repeat it.
Such a policy it seems to me pretty logical. Besides EU SPRINT doesn't need
the other guy to send in the log.

> but their argument is that QSO is a 2 way process and can only be
> verified and found valid when both logs show the same information.

Smart argument!
They should pretend each guy repeats both callsigns and serial numbers to
let such an approach being logical (instead of giving zero credit)....let
alone the "submitting your log issue".

I'm sure software gurus will come out with a release for next RDXC that
feels what your takers are typing in :-)
Something that feels if whom you 're working is going to submit his log
would be interesting to see in RDXC 2009 (if RDXC applies such an approach)
I know WinTest guys are smart ones!

dit dit

Dsw.

Matt.EYZ