Re: [CQ-Contest] Get out of jail free card - SO2R

To: cq-contest reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Get out of jail free card - SO2R
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:57:57 -0400
On Mar 14, 2008, at 8:53 AM, Sandy Taylor wrote:

> Developing, honourably, an increased skill set relative to
> competitors is
> all part of sports. It's why it was the Giants and the Pats, and
> not the
> Chargers and the Packers, in the Super Bowl.
>
> If we didn't have differing skill sets, there'd be no need for
> competition.
> Everybody would be the same.

        I think that a lot of Hams don't get a very simple fact. A
dilettante such as myself can work in the same contest as the world's
best operators. How cool is that?

If Baseball or football was this way, we'd have 6 year old Pop Warner
players lining up against 400 pound pros. It can't work that way, but
we can.

Level the playing field?  Heck no, I want to hone my skills against
the best, not make  them as lousy as I am!

-73 de Mike N3LI -