Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX SN...has to be a better way!

To: kr2q@optimum.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX SN...has to be a better way!
From: "hank k8dd" <k8dd@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 18:37:33 -0400
Couldn't    RR3   maybe be mistaken for     TT3   under QRN or QRM?
Or   NN3      Or TN3     Or NT3

I'd vote for the whole number without the 5NN   (or K8MR's 4NN)  preceding
it.
And no cut numbers on the repeat request.

73    Hank    K8DD

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 5:14 PM, <kr2q@optimum.net> wrote:

> If condx are tough, or if you're just weak (my signal comes to mind), there
> has to be better
> way of "correcting" the sent serial number.
>
> Currently, it seems we all are limited to sending the complete SN over and
> over, even if only
> one (1) digit is wrong.  This can lead to too much stuff to send as well as
> having previously
> correct digits converted to incorrect digits.
>
> I'm thinking about a "cut number - like" solution.  So if I'm sending SN
> 123 but the other guy
> copied 112 and asks a CFM, I should be able to send something like RR3 or
> KK3 or something
> so that he knows that he has the other stuff correct but that the last
> digit (in this case) is
> wrong.  Sending 1324 multiple times is a pain.  Sending RR2R would be much
> better (I think?).
>
> Comments?  And please don't tell me to just run more than 5 watts.  :-)
>
> de Doug KR2Q

'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their
level then beat you with experience.' -anon