Re: [CQ-Contest] Ice Storms in NE

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ice Storms in NE
From: Prasad <vu2ptt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:46:15 +0530
Really sorry to see these pictures. And here we are out here in sunny
weather thinking about the effort of having one or two beams up in the
air. Now realize, after seeing pictures for the first time,  the grit
and perseverance of people out there keeping their big antenna farms
going year after year.

I hope Matt and Dave and all the rest of the folk affected by the ice
will be able to bounce back soon.

73 de Prasad VU2PTT, W2PTT
vu2ptt -at- gmail.com

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca> wrote:
> Made me cry
>
> I think K1TTT has photos of what happened at his QTH but every time I
> try to access the site I get a Network Timeout message.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5welv8
>
> Very sad
>
> VE7FO
>
> Robert Chudek - K0RC wrote:
>> I'm not certain where our local contester found this link, but here's a
>> slideshow with photos of the damage at KC1XX.
>>
>> http://gallery.me.com/wlmyers#100029&bgcolor=black&view=grid_
>>
>> Mother nature can be a brute. Toward the end there are photos of the
>> "sheath" of ice on the guys, elements, and booms. I don't know how you can
>> design antennas for a 2" radial ice situation.
>>
>> 73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

>>> storm.  Hope you get power back ASAP and didn't have too much antenna