Re: [CQ-Contest] Putting the spoon into the pot: WPX - who is on first?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Putting the spoon into the pot: WPX - who is on first?
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 13:42:19 +0000 (GMT)
N2WN said:

[snip]
When I was TDS Rallying, there were trophies for the top three
places in most categories. Maybe it's time to consider something
like this for major contests?
[end snip]

This is a GREAT idea.

I know lots of folks who feel "who am I to sponsor a trophy for the
winner...I'm just Joe Ham?"  Or more likely, "All the awards are already
sponsored" (far from the truth).

How about some trophies for 2nd and 3rd place.  If you're like most
entrants and can say, "I've never won an award," here is a wonderful
opportunity to step up to the plate and expand the opportunity for
your peers (or you!) by sponsoring a Silver or Bronze trophy.  Most
2nd and 3rd place scores are definitely worthy (as are the ops)!!

Let me say it again Jules:
This is a GREAT idea.

de Doug KR2Q