Re: [CQ-Contest] energy drinks

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] energy drinks
From: Ryan Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 18:30:09 -0500
The choice for those who wake up for long hours on end for  LAN
parties (computer gaming) is bawls.

http://www.bawls.com/

Personally? I just have Diet Pepsi max and a sleep strategy.

But I think the adrenaline of a good contest is good enough.  I used
to work the night shift and coffee did nothing for me.  But during a
contest I can remain awake for a long time with no problems.

Ryan, N2RJ

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 9:14 AM, N7DF <n7df@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Are these a boon to contesting or not?
> They seem to be much more effective than coffee or caffine pills but, at
> least for me, the crash after they start to wear off is really a problem.
> Also, there are beginning to be dire health warnings in some quarters about
> their usage.
> Maybe we could have an evaluation by contesters that have used various energy
> drinks as to their relative effectiveness and after effects.

Ryan A. Jairam,