Re: [CQ-Contest] Origin of Cabrillo

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Origin of Cabrillo
From: John Unger <w4au@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:21:17 -0500
I remember a talk given by Tree at Dayton a few (many?) years ago. He
started off with a language pronunciation lesson stressing the fact that
there are no "L" sounds in Cabrillo. He then proceeded to say that he and
Trey were driving somewhere in southern California trying to decide on a
name for the format when Trey (or maybe Tree?) spied a road sign with the
word Cabrillo on it, and that was the decisive moment.

DISCLAIMER: This report relies on my somewhat faulty memory and some of the
facts my be erroneous, but it's basically true, I think....

73 - John, W4AU