[CQ-Contest] IARU 2009 and 2010 and ????

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU 2009 and 2010 and ????
From: LY8O <ly8o@ot.lt>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 19:17:11 +0300
Hello,

After all circus with few HQ station results in the last IARU contest the last
information about HQ category in 2010 sounds destructive and have no future.
For me, as a LY0HQ team member, and for many other amateurs who preparing to
participate in the HQ teams around the World I believe the words below sounds
like a monkey business or like a simple disabling from CC side:
"Effective with the 2010 IARU HF World Championship, no adjudication
of HQ station logs will be conducted by the ARRL," wrote Patton. (NN1N)
I can't believe this is all the CC could do... In this case I see a reason to
exclude HQ category at all because I thing number or participators will
decrease very noticeably - many will decide to participate in SO or M/S
categories.
On the other hand there is a possibility to reduce own country supporters
weight in the final results - just to change points per QSO weigth. If we lets
say will go to the scoring 1 point for own country, 2 points for a different
zone in the own country, 3 points for different country in the same zone, 5
points for a different zone in the same continent and 10 points for a different
continent (or something else) - the final picture will be different. Perhaps
there could be and other solutions as well.
So I think CC must to decide very clear - to exclude HQ category at all or let
to compete HQ stations with each other because this i a contest but with rules
changes.
Thanks for reading.

73, Remi LY8O
member of LY0HQ team
The only real QSL manager of LY0HQ since 1996.